What We Do
Piramal Sarvajal has been a pioneer in deploying remotely tracked community-level drinking water purification systems by bringing accountability to day-to-day operations. By being technology-driven, we ensure better machine and operator accountability, meaning better service for our communities.
Piramal Sarvajal, provides safe drinking water through customized decentralized drinking water solutions at selected urban / rural locations. This is achieved through installation of a state-of-the-art community level purification plant for delivery of safe drinking water at affordable prices to the beneficiaries.
The project is operated in partnership with a local entrepreneur or the local Panchayat/ Community Based Organization; thereby creating sustainable livelihood opportunities within the chosen community.
To address the issue of effective post-purification water distribution, Piramal Sarvajal has innovated a unique Water ATM model that uses smart cards to create price transparency and quality accountability to the last mile.
Model 1:Single Unit Community Solution
- One purification plant installed in any community (village, school, construction site etc.).
- Optional installation of Water ATMs to track water consumption by beneficiaries
- Piramal Sarvajal trains an operator/entrepreneur who manages local daily operations
- Piramal Sarvajal provides regular maintenance support and community awareness drives
- All partners have access to daily and monthly performance reports using real-time data from the ground